pspp-users

Mac is taking over my PC campus

From: Ferguson, Douglas A
Subject: Mac is taking over my PC campus
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 11:20:59 -0500

PSPP is a wonderful alternative to SPSS for PC users, but the number of my stats course students bringing Mac laptops to me is quickly growing.  It’s easy for them to download a working copy for Windows from pspp.awardspace.com, but they want Mac.  So far all I can suggest is an earlier version of PSPP compiled for the Mac, but it lacks bivariate correlations and its pull-down menus malfunction otherwise.  http://bmi.cchmc.org/resources/software/pspp

Any suggestions?  Does anyone out there know how to compile an enduring version for Mac?

Douglas A. Ferguson, Ph.D.

Professor, Department of Communication

College of Charleston

843.608.8008