pspp-users

Re: AW: output as csv from console

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: AW: output as csv from console
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:26:13 -0700

Björn Manke <address@hidden> writes:

> 3. The only thing that still disturbs the cleanliness of the
> csv is the table header (e.g.: "Table: Correlations"). I can
> live with that, but it would be nice to be able to turn it off.

Well, that's easy enough, so I went ahead and implemented it.

> 4. An option to determine text delimiters (e.g.: ",',none) for
> csv would be a nice addition.

You mean quoting characters?  That's not too hard either, so I
implemented that too.

These were both very simple, but I didn't test them other than to
see that they didn't break the default setting, so please let me
know if you notice problems.

> 5. It seems you didn't test those SET options entirely - as you
> suspected. I tested /ERRORS=OFF /MESSAGES=OFF /PRINTBACK=OFF
> /RESULTS=OFF. They all work fine for csv, but SET
> /PRINTBACK=OFF is being ignored on html, txt, odt outputs; and
> they are all are being ignored in the psppire gui's screen
> output.

If SET PRINTBACK=OFF doesn't work for html, txt, or odt in the
terminal UI, that sounds like a bug.  I've filed the following:
        http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?31561

It's expected (and documented) that these commands don't affect
GUI output, though.

Thanks for all the feedback!
--
Ben Pfaff