pspp-users

Re: path

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: path
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:40:43 -0700

Matej Kovacic <address@hidden> writes:

> One problem is that PSPP does not recognize command "CACHE.", but I
> think this command is not really important.

It's basically a no-op.  That's easy, so I pushed an
implementation of it as such.

> The other problem is more tricky, however it can be solved easily.
>
> Let's suppose, I downloaded two files from my LimeSurvey (web)server:
> mysurvey.SPS and mysurvey.dat. They are in the same directory.
>
> I open mysurvey.SPS and run it. It looks like:
>
> *$Rev: 8866 $  1.
> GET DATA
>  /TYPE=TXT
>  /FILE='mysurvey.dat'
>  /DELCASE=LINE
>  /DELIMITERS=","
>  /QUALIFIER="'"
>  /ARRANGEMENT=DELIMITED
>  /FIRSTCASE=1
>  /IMPORTCASE=ALL
>  /VARIABLES=
>  V1 A100
>  V2 A100
> etc.
>
> Now... I suppose, it will open file mysurvey.dat. But not. Because PSPP
> does not look into the current directory from which mysurvey.SPS was
> opened, but some other directory (I think this one, where PSPP binaries
> are placed).

This is what PSPPIRE does when you run a syntax file from the
GUI?  I can see why it happens.  It sounds reasonable to me that
the "current directory" for running syntax from the GUI should be
that of the syntax file that is running.  John, do you agree?
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org