pspp-users

RE: Feature request

From: Galderisi, Peter
Subject: RE: Feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:13:09 -0800

Couldn't this be done in syntax mode, using the VALUE LABELS command?

>From PSPP guidebook (same as SPSS):

VALUE LABELS
/var list value ’label’ [value ’label’]. . .
VALUE LABELS allows values of numeric and short string variables to be
associated
with labels. In this way, a short value can stand for a long value.
To set up value labels for a set of variables, specify the variable names after
a slash (‘/’),
followed by a list of values and their associated labels, separated by spaces.
Long string
variables may not be specified.
Before VALUE LABELS is executed, any existing value labels are cleared from the
variables specified. Use ADD VALUE LABELS (see Section 8.1 [ADD VALUE LABELS],
page 70) to add value labels without clearing those already present.

-Peter