pspp-users

Does pspp output support unicode - or at least non-ascii characters

From: Christine Christmann
Subject: Does pspp output support unicode - or at least non-ascii characters
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:29:42 +0100

Hi,
I've  downloaded and installed the latest snapshot (psppire 0.7.2) on windows.
I was more than delighted to find out that this test-version supports special
characters in the data and syntax window that are beyond the 128 signs of
ascii-code (like the special german characters 'äüöß'). This is really great!
And was a problem already discussed in 2007 (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-users/2007-10/msg00001.html) and now -
in my opinion - seems to be solved with the next version. Unfortunately the
PSPPIRE OUTPUT doesn't support non-ascii signs. Instead of these characters a
hash key ('#') appears. Is or will there be a way to display
non-ascii-characters in the output window? A special command in the syntax for
example. Or is the only way to achieve this by changing a special modul the
source-code?

Thanks a lot in advance Christine