pspp-users

Re: std error of estimate?

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: std error of estimate?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:38:16 -0500

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:54:33PM -0800, Erik Frebold wrote:
> patch -p1 < regression.patch
> Then rebuild pspp."
>
> Wasn't sure where the patch file goes physically (and I did read man
> patch...) so I created a .txt file called regression.patch containing the
> patch text and put it in the source directory. Here's what happened:

> patch -p1 < regression.patch
>
> patching file src/math/linreg.c
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 4: design_matrix_destroy (cov);
>
> Any suggestions?

The line breaks in the email confused the patch program. Here is another
copy, without the line breaks:

http://math.gcsu.edu/~jhs/regression.patch

But there may be a more important problem here: You mentioned getting
PSPP from someone else. Did you compile it from source? If not, then
the patch won't help unless you either get the source code for PSPP
and build it on your own machine, or get a new, precompiled copy.