pspp-users

Re: Select Cases and output graphs?

From: Erik Frebold
Subject: Re: Select Cases and output graphs?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:31:42 -0800 (PST)

1. When one selects cases in SPSS, if one chooses to "filter" them, the ones
that don't get by the filter have an "X" in Data View. I haven't seen it work
this way pspp. Is the pspp way to select cases on some condition to
Transform-Compute a new boolean variable based on a desired condition, then
Data-Select Cases and Use Filter Variable on the new boolean? I've got this to
work at least once, but for now it's not changing my data view despite some
lovely 1.00 and .00 values in the boolean filter variable. I do notice there is
a "Transformations Pending" note at the bottom of the UI.

2. I understand graphs aren't doable at this point from psppire, so is the way
to do them to get up a syntax window and enter the appropriate pspp syntax from
Examine etc?

Thanks,
--
Erik Frebold