pspp-users

Re: windows port of PSPP

From: Faramir
Subject: Re: windows port of PSPP
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:29:25 -0400

Jason Stover escribió:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:11:11AM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:
>> http://rapidshare.de/files/39668926/PSPP-0.6.0-8-Setup.zip.html
>>
>> It is a free download server, so you have to wait a bit till you can
>> download.
>>
>> Rapidshare will keep the file available as long as it is downloaded. 30 days
>> after the last download it will be deleted.
>>
>> Reports are welcome
>
> Worked well. I installed it and ran a few simple analyses without
> any trouble.
>
> Should there be a link to the windows at the web site? (Or the wiki?)
> Is there a semi-permanent place where people can download this?
>
> -Jason

  I installed it without any problem in a virtual machine (windows XP
sp2). It seems to run fine (at least, it loads fine...), but I have not
performed any task with it yet. I will give feedback as soon as I test it.

  Thanks for providing a compiled install file, I was dizzy just by
looking at the list of required software needed to compile PSPP, and as
a windows user, I am not used to compile things...

  About using a semi-permanent place, there is a place named
www.4shared.com it is a kind of virtual drive, with public and private
zones. If there is no problem with copyrights/licences, it would be easy
to host it there. I think the download is a bit slower than with
rapidshare, but there is no time limit, and they don't make you wait
before you can dowload a file (just 1 download at a time, but you can
start the next download right after the previous one is completed), so a
shared IP wouldn't be so much problem (I think...). It gives 5 Gb of
storage.

Regards