pspp-users

Re: reading a csv file

From: Daniel E WILLIAMS
Subject: Re: reading a csv file
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:09:55 -0800

This may not answer your question, but maybe part of it:

Here is a script that will read the attached ".csv" data file.  The variable names had to be removed from the top of the file, and the file had to be saved with UNIX end-of-line encoding.  The code tells PSPP the variable names and formats.  I hope this helps!

Dan Williams
Forecasting, Research and Analysis Office
Department of Human Services
State of Oregon, USA
503 947 5354

>>> Stefano Mazzuco <address@hidden> 1/5/2007 8:39:49 AM >>>
Sorry for a probably stupid question but I'm quite new to pspp and cannot
find a proper answer in the manual.

I'm trying to read a dataset in "comma-separated" format. A problem I have
in doing this is that variables names are already in the data file in the
first line, but I don't know how to tell it to pspp.

Any easy hint?

Stefano Mazzuco

Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche
Via Cesare Battisti, 241