pspp-dev

[patch #9777] Added gui support for some POSTHOC tests for One Way ANOVA

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #9777] Added gui support for some POSTHOC tests for One Way ANOVA
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:55:57 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #10, patch #9777 (project pspp):

Thanks for the update. This looks much better. But unfortunately there are
still a couple of issues, and it's to do with the generate_syntax function.

1. In the posthoc dialog, if I select some posthoc options and then click
Cancel, the effect of the Cancel button is ignored.

All these lines should be deleted :

  gboolean bonferroni = gtk_toggle_button_get_active (GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON
(ow->bonferroni_button));
  gboolean gh = gtk_toggle_button_get_active (GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON
(ow->gh_button));

and instead the of writing

          if (lsd)
                ds_put_cstr (&dss, "\n\t/POSTHOC=LSD ");

it should be similar to

         if (ow->posthoc & POSTHOC_LSD)
            ds_put_cstr (&dss, "\n\t/POSTHOC=LSD ");

2. If I select some posthoc options, but no Statistics options, then I get the
syntax:

ONEWAY /VARIABLES= v1 BY v2
        /STATISTICS=
        /POSTHOC=GH
        /POSTHOC=SIDAK .

which is invalid.  So you need to change the conditional block

  if (descriptives || homogeneity || bonferroni || gh || lsd || scheffe ||
sidak || tukey)
    {

into two separate conditions, one for the statistics, and another for the
posthoc tests.

3.  I think it's more concise if rather than

    /POSTHOC=GH
    /POSTHOC=SIDAK
    /POSTHOC=BONFERRONI.

you arrange for the syntax to be generated as:

    /POSTHOC = GH SIDAK BONFERRONI.

I hope this makes sense.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9777>

  Message sent via Savannah