protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Compile fails due to lXinerama

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Compile fails due to lXinerama
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:14:24 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

I'm also pretty sure there is no dependency on Xinerama, though I remember it
was linked against it in earlier versions of protux, don't know why.
Since Protux 0.26.0 we don't use Make anymore (or at least, that's what we're
heading for) and use qmake or more preferably scons as the build system.
I only linked against qt, alsa and mustux with qmake/scons, which are the only
dependencies for now and it worked fine....

I at last have a Linux install again on my computer, in fact I tried to have
multiple installs which gave me some problems since my bios doesn't recognize
my hard disk (only 130 GB are addressed, but this one is larger *sigh* )

So finally I can work again on Protux/libmustux, and test it on multiple
distro installs (and on Debian unstable I can start experimenting with gcc
4.0 and Qt4 :-) )

Best,

Remon

P.S.
Robert, could you please try to remove the dependency on lXinerama, or try a
more recent Protux version instead? Protux 0.26.0 isn't as stable as 0.20.2
was, but you can have allready an idea how it will work ones it is finished a
bit more ;-)
I'm frequently on irc, freenode channel #protux, so if you have any questions
or problems, don't hesitate to ask for help there too!