protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Quiet?

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Quiet?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:51:12 +0200

Just for your information, I've been busy these days researching low latency
stuff on the linux kernel, ALSA, having a look at why (not) use JACK etc.

Unfortunately I didn't make much progress but Protux is performing perfectly
well when used with latencies > 15 ms
Latencies between 3-15 ms appear to be problematic and are highly dependend on
latencies in the Linux kernel (both 2.4 and 2.6)

At the time of writing there are a couple of patches which should address
these problems (check LKML for more info, many thanks goes to the kernel
people who so generously have made the patches for us linux audio folk), and
I'm compiling for another (countless) time a kernel *sigh*

If I've some results, I'll probably post them somewhere.
You're all encouraged to give your opinion and ideas on protux and libmustux
meanwhile on the Protux forum. See you there ;-)

Thanks,

Remon