protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Quiet?

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Quiet?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:32:52 +0200

> I agree that the list is incredibly quiet.  Is development continuing on
> protux?

Ah, I'm very happy to see such a fast respons, keep them coming :-)

The Protux support mailing list is primarily for users and there can be
several reasons there is no traffic on this list:

1. Protux just rules and compiles always without problems and users use it
everyday without problems
2. There are no users.....

Point 2 seems to be a bit strange because since the last stable release of
protux (in November last year) we still get about 7-10 downloads a day!
I lastly have released another stable version of Protux (0.20.2) which fixes
the lockup of your computer when running Protux with RTC privileges.

Development has been a bit slow last days but certainly there is development
and we have big plans for the future.

Protux 0.30.x will have UNDO capabilities, support for bitdepths other then 16
bits, true contextual approach (its allready working, hurray!)  (these are
libmustux improvements), some work on filters, and Protux itself has been
significantly improved by a code cleanup, enormous improvements in the
drawing routines and there is hopefully some time left for
improving/polishing editing stuff, the ProjectManager and more things to come
which I don't know of at the moment :-)

If you have any wishes, keep them coming!

You can use the forum if you want:
http://vt.shuis.tudelft.nl/~remon/protux/forum/

Best wishes,

Remon