protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] 20.1 input works + questions...

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] 20.1 input works + questions...
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:26:05 +0100

>  thanks for the quick reply.. compiled and installed the updated
>  mus/protux, which has indeed solved the input problem, thanks!

You're welcome ;-)

>  although i know protux is in its early stages.. i am just
>  wondering if the development team are inending to support the
>  ladspa plugin api and the jack connect server.. these two
>  environments could really extend the scope of this project, and
>  potentially save a lot of programming time..

Protux has its own framework for plugins and I have no idea if this can be
extended to support ladspa. But you may ask this to the main developer,
Luciano. He has more knowledge on this particular thing.

And I doubt if protux will support jack. Jack is used as a client-server,
where the client acts like a plugin. It's also has a "callback-driven"
interface which we had some discussion about on mustux-devel regarding the
internal ALSA implementation:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/mustux-devel/2003-11/msg00015.html

Please Luciano, correct me if I'm wrong.

>  will look forward to future developments..

me to ;-)

Greets,

Remon