protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8

From: Matt Polashek
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:52:08 -0400

Reinhard-
    Goodness I was thinking protux was no longer being developed.  How
exciting to get an e-mail!  Your assumption was correct.  The bus selection
screen comes up with the "bus out" title then there are no choices.  On exit
of the menu the status area states that the bus I selected is an invalid bus
for playback.  Makes sense since I didn't select a bus.  any idea why this
might be happening?

    The reason that I think alsa is running, aside from successful
implementation of all 4 alsa rpms and a functional alsa player is that I
have purposefully disconnected the analog cable from my cdrom to the
soundcard and I can still get audio from alsaplayer.  additionally I have
run the sndconfig scrip supplied by alsa with success.  It is possible that
I am using oss emulation.  Either way it works so I assume protux should
work.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt.