protux-support

[Protux-support] SB Live Problem

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-support] SB Live Problem
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 01:26:45 -0400

I think I found out what happens with SB Live.

There is a bug is the OSS driver that prevents SB Live being accessed by
normal /dev/dsp ioctl  calls. When used with ALSA, the OSS emulation must
even be turned off to prevent such erros. SB Live is supposed to be used only
with standard ALSA access, that protux DOES NOT have yet.
This way, I believe protux will be able to run over a SB Live only after full
ALSA support.