poke-devel

Re: running in the build directory

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: running in the build directory
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 16:42:18 +0200

    Ah. Indeed both of

        $ ./run ./libtool --mode=execute gdb src/poke

        $ ./libtool --mode=execute ./run gdb src/poke

    work. Notes:
    - Here one has to mention 'src/poke', not 'poke'. Reason: The line
        PATH=$b/src:$PATH
      has no effect on how gdb locates the executable.
    - I would recommend './libtool' instead of 'libtool'. Reason: 'libtool'
      refers to a program in PATH, that may have been created by a different
      version of libtool or for a different compiler.
    - You can write 'src/poke' instead of './src/poke', since relative program
      names that contain a slash are always relative to the current directory,
      not to a member of $PATH.

I updated the line in HACKING according to your recommendations.
Thanks!