po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev] Why does gettextize always set fuzzy flags?

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev] Why does gettextize always set fuzzy flags?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:32:39 +0200

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:52:35PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> why is the fuzzy flag always set in Locale::Po4a::Po l. 313?
> Sounds strange, and breaks 'make test'.

Actually, this is a feature, not a bug. I feeled that I cannot trust the
automatic procedure of gettexization enough to let people use it without
review. Setting the fuzzy tag forces people to review the file before use,
which is good, IMHO.

I'd say that the faulty code needing to be fixed is "make test", if it
triggers an error.

> Also 'type' should be defined.

Yes, I'm not sure either about that one. I seem to remember that I tryed to
get the type only when the -v flag was given. But from what I see in source,
it was either only planned or already reverted for whatever reason.

Do you guys want the type in po files by defaults? I thought it may cause
trouble to translators comming from other contexts, but if you want it, it's
rather easy to do.

Thanks for your time, Mt.

--
La mathématique ouvre plus d'une fenêtre sur plus d'un monde.