po4a-dev

[Po4a-dev]News

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Po4a-dev]News
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:19:42 +0100

Hello,

Here are the lastest news, in an unsorted way:

- cvs log messages won't go to the devel list anymore (to not flood
  potentially interested people wanting to subscribe here).
  Make sure to subscribe to the new ML also if you want to.

- Lastest version is 0.13.3. Since only the minor number changed, nothing
  cruxial happened. It's mainly bug fixes. Here is the changelogs:

  po4a (0.13.3) unstable; urgency=low
  * Man.pm: explain why we refuse to process pages generated from pod or
    sgml, document processed by db2man.xsl can be processed, since the
    XML module of po4a isn't done yet.
  * gettextization: The fact that the original and the translated files
    don't have the same number of entries isn't fatal anymore, so that
    the user can see where there is a document structure disparity.
  * Fix problems in po4a.7.pod, thanks to Philippe Batailler.
  -- Martin Quinson <address@hidden>  Wed, 22 Jan 2003

  po4a (0.13.2) unstable; urgency=low
  * TransTractor.pm: don't check for the options passed to translate,
    since I fail to make it work with the Man.pm
  -- Martin Quinson <address@hidden>  Fri, 17 Jan 2003

  po4a (0.13.1) unstable; urgency=low
  * Sgml.pm:
    - don't translate the footnotes separatly, since it would imply to split
      the sentence containing them.
    - put all the author description (name+surname+email+...) in the same
      msgid to ease the translator work.

  * Makefiles:
    - implement a stats target in po/
  -- Martin Quinson <address@hidden>  Sun, 12 Jan 2003

- I plan to change completely the option names passed to the program, in
  order to uniform them accros binaries, and to prepare the fixup of
  encoding all over the program.

- We now distribute a rpm version of the script. But the guy for who I did
  that have further dependencies problems I need to investigate.

- Julien Louis repported that some docbook tags are not recognized by the
  sgml module. Pierre Machard promissed to fix it up.

I guess that's all for today.

Thanks, Mt.