pika-dev

[Pika-dev] ping numbers.pika.hackerlab

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: [Pika-dev] ping numbers.pika.hackerlab
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:19:07 +0100

Tom,

I haven't heard any news about numbers from you in a while, so what's
the status of things?

As for floating point support in hackerlab, I haven't touched the code
in a while, but I'm also not to certain about how much more I could
improve on it.  Maybe I'll have to hope that I suddenly receive some
major mathematical enlightenment as to how I may emulate high
precision integer arithmetic efficiently.  I've also been thinking
about testing out GMP for this, but I'm not sure how you'd feel about
hackerlab depending on it (maybe it could be compile-time configured
or something?).  Just some thoughts...

-jivera