pika-dev

[Pika-dev] willing to help

From: Jose A . Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Pika-dev] willing to help
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:54:56 +0100

hi,

i'm writing to offer my help, as a developer, on the Pika project, in
case that you think, of course, that i can actually be of any help!

i've got six years' experience as a professional C/C++/Java programmer
(i've just turned back to the academia, as a teacher, last setember),
but i guess that my most noticeable feat is being the author of a GNU
MDK (http://www.gnu.org/software/mdk/mdk.html). all in all, i'd say
i'm a fairly good C & co. programmer, and well acquainted with the
usual free software development environments and tools.

as for lisp/scheme, although i've read quite a lot (sicp, eopl, (parts
of) LiSP, On Lisp, CLOS...) my hacking experience is currently limited
to embedding guile in MDK, some soon-to-be-published elisp programs,
and a little interpreter for pascal-like pseudocode to be used by my
pupils at the uni. nevertheless, i'm absolutely in love with scheme (i
used to be very fond of c++, but those days are gone), and deeply
interested in programming languages implementation (and theory, for
that matter). i'm also quite impressed by the quality of tom's work up
to now (e.g., hackerlab looks really cool), and it looks like pika
matches all my current interests (having fun and hacking being the
foremost among them). hence my offer of help.

i've taken a cursory look at the pika's docs and source code, and would
appreciate any hint about the right path for studying the latter in
detail. and, of course, if you can point me to something concrete to
start hacking, i'm willing to try my hand at it :)

cheers and happy hacking!
jao
--
You are never too old to be what you might have been.
 -George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), novelist (1819-1880)