Re: [Phptest-users] To all who want to support phptest read this

From: Martin Snell
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] To all who want to support phptest read this
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:49:23 +0000

I agree with Donna. I have used phpTest for some 2-3 years now and think I might have rejected Moodle at the time in favour of phptest. I just needed (and still need) a fairly straightforward on-line test facility, and not a whole teaching environment. I much prefer software to be small, modular and adaptable rather than overgrown and bloated. Phptest fitted that bill and I would like to keep using it for as long as possible.

Martin

address@hidden wrote:

Quoting address@hidden:

I still prefer the simplicity of phptest, but that's me. *shrug*
Nowadays everyone wants something that does everything.
I always consider that bloatedness.

That;s how I felt about Moodle - I donwloaded it and set it up but it was way overkill for what I needed and took up SOOOO much disk space for modules I
won;t even use.

So hopefully we can hang onto phpTest a bit longer !

Donna

hey thanks for the suggestions.. it almost makes working on phptest pointless. anyway im looking at moodle.. i would love to use it but i have 4000 questions arleady in phptest or sql.. do you know of an import or convert from sql/phptest method? i have no clue how i will move it to moodle.. although i want it bad..