Re: [Phptest-users] phptest on Mac OS X problem

From: Leif Gregory
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] phptest on Mac OS X problem
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:10:01 -0600

Hello Stephen,

SL> I created a new directory and pointed session.save_path to it, and
SL> made the directory writable to PHP. And every time I tried logging
SL> in, sure enough, a "session" file is updated in the directory. So
SL> PHP is able to write to it. But alas, I am still stuck in the same
SL> page.

SL> Where or what should I look for for cookies info, or is there
SL> anything else you can think of to try?

Are you running this under a virtual host? I discovered that setting
the cookie lines broke PHPTest which was running under a different
domain name than what I had put in PHP.ini. Here's the session section
from my php.ini file. With this config, I haven't run into anything
yet that doesn't work.

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler.  In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
session.save_path = F:\PHP\tmp

; Whether to use cookies.
session.use_cookies = 1

; This option enables administrators to make their users invulnerable to
; attacks which involve passing session ids in URLs; defaults to 0.
; session.use_only_cookies = 1

; Name of the session (used as cookie name).
session.name = PHPSESSID

; Initialize session on request startup.
session.auto_start = 0

; Lifetime in seconds of cookie or, if 0, until browser is restarted.
session.cookie_lifetime = 0

; The path for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_path = /

; The domain for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_domain =

; Handler used to serialize data.  php is the standard serializer of PHP.
session.serialize_handler = php

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TB Lists Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F