Re: [Phptest-users] phptest on Mac OS X problem

From: Stephen Lu
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] phptest on Mac OS X problem
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:21:38 -0500

Here's what I've tried:

I created a new directory and pointed session.save_path to it, and made the directory writable to PHP. And every time I tried logging in, sure enough, a "session" file is updated in the directory. So PHP is able to write to it. But alas, I am still stuck in the same page.

Where or what should I look for for cookies info, or is there anything else you can think of to try?

Thanks,

On Apr 13, 2004, at 6:52 AM, Leif Gregory wrote:

Hello Stephen,

SL> Hmm, I am not even sure what else to change it to, since /tmp is
SL> absolute path, and not relative path, in OS X at the root level.

Is /tmp a valid directory? If so is it writable to PHP for use with
sessions?

SL> But it probably is something similar to that. Thanks for the
SL> suggestion, though.

np. I've found most of my login problems (not just with PHPTest) were
session or cookie related. Once I made sure PHP was set up correctly
to use sessions and cookies, a bunch of stuff started working
correctly! <grin>

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TB Lists Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F

--
- Simply Steve