Re: [Phptest-users] Login changes

From: TW
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Login changes
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:02:07 -0700

Login changesSomething I have done, and not sure if it is what you are doing
but at least some food for thought.

I use a modded PhpTest login authentication scheme and it checks a mySQL
database called Main_Login. The way I have it set up is like this:

-- wwwpublic <modified main phptest login scripts> (mySQL database -
main_login)

         --<company A folder>(mySQL database - company A)
         |                |
         |                --<phptest> (modded for each company's needs)

         --<company B folder>(mySQL database - company B)
         |                |
         |                --<phptest>

         --<and so on.....>

So basically users login, authenticate with their company ID at the main
login, are forwarded to their company website, users are seamlessly
re-authenticated automatically within their own website/database (with no
user interaction as we already have their username and password from the
original login) and then continue on in their own website/database and
phptest site.

If you are sort of interested in something like this I can give you bits and
pieces of the modded code I use, I think most of it you would be able to
use.

Cheers,

TW