[Phptest-users] An Idea for extra answers

From: Tom Wilson
Subject: [Phptest-users] An Idea for extra answers
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:40:41 -0700

Hi everyone,

Say, seems someone wants to add extra answers to a single answer question.
I created an extra test question class so that people could manually enter
an answer in the form of pick A, B, C, D and so on. The problem is that some
questions, take decimal answers, like 96 cents for example, could have more
than one correct answer ie. you could put into the answer box 96 or .96 or
96 cents. I'm looking for ideas on how you could compare all of these
correct answers against each other and the test would recognize these as
being correct. I have added to PT all the necessary database fields and
corresponding code to actually use this feature, just need a way for the
test to actually compare the values in the function 'grade'. Suggestions are
welcome and once we can get it working we'll post the extra code on here for
everyone.

Cheers!

TW