[Phptest-users] phptest 0.6.3 beta test

From: Brandon Tallent
Subject: [Phptest-users] phptest 0.6.3 beta test
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:31:06 -0700 (PDT)

phptest 0.6.3 will be released in a week or two.  In
the meantime I've packaged it up in case anyone would
like to beta test and report problems.  The biggest
new feature is an install script, the rest of the
stuff is just minor additions and bugfixes.  I've
tried the install script on a few different pcs, but
it probably has some problems so give it a spin and
let me know if it works.  If everything with the
install script works properly, new users won't have to
look at a single line of php code to setup and use
phptest.  Here is the changelog:

 - wrote an install script.  It's now possible to
completely install
   and configure phptest without touching any source
files
 - form fields are preserved on error now.  For
instance, if you
   forget to fill in an alternate answer, when you
press submit,
   you will be redirected informing you of the error,
and the
   fields you typed in already will be filled in
again.
 - added a polish translation (thanks address@hidden)
 - added synonyms.  See english.inc.php for details
(thanks John Lacey)
 - fixed a bug in edit_user.php (thanks Andy Dimicale)
 - fixed a bug in view_results.php (thanks John Lacey)
 - fixed a bug with register_globals in edit_group.php
(thanks John Lacey)
 - fixed a bug that caused columns to not sort with
register_globals turned off
   (thanks John Lacey)
 - split the login/logout/change password page into
three seperate pages.
   this makes things easier to maintain, and is also
less ugly. (thanks John
   Lacey for feedback regarding this)
 - fixed a bug that caused users to get a 'you do not
have permission to view
   this page' after submitting a test.

And you can download it here:

http://www.resynthesize.com/phptest-0.6.3.tar.gz