Re: [Phptest-users] logon form working with windows users?

From: John Lacey
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] logon form working with windows users?
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:38:01 -0600

Hi Jody,

If I'm understanding the post correctly, you want them to log in with the same
authentication info as they use on windows and, in addtion, they don't want to
give their passwords out.  If they gave their windows username and password to
you, then you could just enter that info when creating user accounts.

On the other hand, they could keep their passwords private, and "self register"
by clicking on the link on the login page.  The downside to this is that they
don't get a chance to enter the group name.  So, they will all go into the
"visitors" group, unless you change the "Default group for self registered
users" in the Configuration menu.

hope that helps
John