Re: [Phptest-users] skill level selection broken?

From: John Lacey
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] skill level selection broken?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:02:55 -0600

Hi Dan,

I ran a test (phpTest 0.6.1) for the problem you're having
and it seems to work ok on my end.  However, it may be a bit
of apples and oranges, since I'm running an IE 5.5 browser
on top of Win2K Pro and IIS.  I added a skill "tcp ip",
making sure I had a space in the skill name.  I also deleted
all the default skills.  When I select "LAN" skill, only LAN
questions are displayed, and when selecting "tcp ip" skill,
only the tcp ip questions are shown.

Here's what I'd suggest.  Go into view_questions.php and an
echo $query;  right after $query is primed (with s_id, etc).

a message like:

SELECT * FROM questions WHERE s_id = 31 ORDER BY q_id ASC

should appear on the top of your view/edit questions screen.
(s_id 31 is my LANs skill)

Let me know what you get...

John

btw, I put my glasses on and found the Linux stuff on your
site... thanks