Re: [Phptest-users] don't check by default, please

From: dank
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] don't check by default, please
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:45:00 -0700

Brandon Tallent wrote:
> --- address@hidden wrote:
> > Brandon Tallent wrote:
> > > Yes, it does look better.  But try not answering
> > > one of the questions and then submitting. ...
> > > The optimal solution would be to use
> > > javascript to check the input ...
> >
> > I dunno - might be better to go to one question per
> > page. Then the user wouldn't have a chance to get
> > confused.
> >
> > (He also doesn't have a chance to compare slightly
> > different variations on questions, which is
> > important for me.)
>
> Yes, but I don't want to make that a requirement.  I'd
> rather have it be an optional feature.  There's gotta
> be a way to validate the form input with javascript, I
> just have to dig deep enough or go buy a book or
> something.

An option for # of questions per page would be peachy.

The javascript would be pretty easy -- all it has to do
is iterate through all the radio buttons, and make sure
one is checked for each question id.  It doesn't have to
know *anything* about the test!  Totally generic.

The trick would be to make the page work regardless of
whether javascript was enabled.  That's probably easy,
though, especially given PHP.
- Dan