[Phptest-users] misc

From: John Lacey
Subject: [Phptest-users] misc
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:39:16 -0600

Dan,

In wanting to keep up with what's been going on re: the
multiline response stuff, I was curious and took your first
phpTest on "make" and failed it -- damn!  I used make more
times than I want to admit when I worked as a software
engineer about 10 yrs ago, but we had people who wrote the
makefiles, so I never got into it.  I recently had to make
zzliplib so I could install PHP 4.2.2 and I happened to vi
the makefiles -- yup, it's still Greek.

The real reason I'm sending you this short note and cc'ing
the php users, is a  "you never know who you're talking to"
story.  I went to your site at kegel.com and noticed the
reference to the ISDN page.  I've been a member of a team
that has written a series of networking books used in
schools here (US) and in other parts of the world.  I have
mentioned "Dan Kegel's ISDN Page" as an excellent info
resource for my students as well as in the learning
materials -- kudos and thanks for that effort. I'm currently
working on putting together a LAMP (www.onlamp.com)
curriculum for a school here in the Denver area.  Do you
have any good Linux learning materials that you might
recommend?

Last but not least, I notice you indicated on your page you
are proficient in German.  It would sure be nice to have a
"german.inc.php" language file so we could get phpTest out
to those folks (hint, hint).  Of course, you're probably as
busy as I am, but it never hurts to ask.  I'm looking
forward to making more contributions to phpTest after the
dust settles from Brandon's current massive re-write.  I'm
putting together a prelim test document for feature testing
and regression testing of phpTest that I'll send to Brandon
next week.  Any insights or suggestions you have feel free
to make them and I'll include them in the test document
along with other input that I've gotten.

regards,
John