[Phptest-users] got multiple line responses working

From: dank
Subject: [Phptest-users] got multiple line responses working
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:00:26 -0700

... well enough to play with, anyway.  My changes:
1. don't do nl2br on html questions
2. use crc32 as the value of the radio buttons (breaks view_answers.php,
   but at least test.php works even if answer contains quotes)
3. add <hr> between radio buttons (butt ugly, but I needed some
   way to separate the answers).

A 19-question test using these changes is online at
http://www.kegel.com/phptest

It's worth looking at to get some ideas for how the layout may
have to be enhanced to get good usability on multiline response
questions.  (Say, what does Brainbench do for this?)

BTW, after HTMLizing 19 questions and answers just to get
multiline behavior, I think I'd rather prefer a
"plain text, preserve formatting" option where
questions and answers were surrounded by <pre> by the code.
It'd be a lot less hassle.

- Dan