Re: [Phptest-users] Minor bug adding test question

From: Brandon Tallent
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Minor bug adding test question
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

> OK, workaround for buggy server, got it.  But
> couldn't
> you set the cookie directly in the original
> response?
> Perhaps it's easier with PHP to use redirects and
> refreshes
> to get the browser to carry stuff for you from one
> PHP
> page to another... whatever.  I guess I don't mind.

Actually, php has a session mechanism to automatically
handle variable tracking between pages.  I chose to
use a cookie for that instead though so the value
would still be saved between site visits.  My employer
was adding 50 or 60 questions of the same skill level
at a time so that functionality was required.  The
reason I put it in a seperate page is because
set_cookie.php is called from 5 or 6 different pages
and I didn't want to have a lot of duplicate code
lying about :)

Brandon