[Phptest-users] first test... and impressions

From: dank
Subject: [Phptest-users] first test... and impressions
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 17:24:45 -0700

OK, I put together a little test using phptest 0.6.1.
(It's at http://www.kegel.com/phptest/index.php if you
want to try it.)

Impressions:

phptest0.6.1 worked first try.  Nice job, thanks.

In both Netscape 4.7.1 and Mozilla 0.9.9, the output formatting's
a bit off.  In questions where I used <pre> tags, there's far too much
vertical whitespace between lines.  This can actually be a problem,
especially when writing tests about subjects where whitespace is
significant (like Make)!

Every time I submit a new test question (and on several other submits),
I get a 'Document contains no data' dialog box, although things seem
to have worked.

There's no 'I forgot my password' button (which is bad, since I keep
forgetting the administrator password :-)

Whenever there's a validation error on a form submission, the form
values are cleared, which is annoying and hard to use.  The fields ought to
keep their prior values.

When a test is completed, the user wants to see how well he did --
please take him to the test results page!

I score pretty well even if I don't click any answers.  Can we arrange
for *no* choice to be clicked by default?

I have high hopes for phptest, good luck with the project!

Thanks,
Dan