Re: [Phptest-users] Re: add question issue

From: dj resonance
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Re: add question issue
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Kathleen,

The problem seems to be that your browser or php or
the webserver (not sure which one) is not passing
$HTTP_POST_FILES to the script.  In my testing, the
variable would be passed, even if it was empty. What
is happening with your script is that the variable is
empty, so the conditional checks are passing.  Try
replacing this part of the code with the text below:

        // else, if a file tried to upload but didn't
work
        } elseif ($HTTP_POST_FILES['image']['error']
!= '4' && isset($HTTP_POST_FILES)) {

            if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['image']['tmp_name']
!= 'none') {

The "&& isset($HTTP_POST_FILES)" part should fail for
you so I'm guessing the code would work.  Also if you
turn on notices in your php.ini file you might see a
warning about $HTTP_POST_FILES being empty.  Let me
know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Brandon

=== message truncated ===