Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Trouble Ticket System broken

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Trouble Ticket System broken
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:40:43 +0200

Hi Steven,

Steven Gilroy a écrit :
> Fedora 13
> httpd-2.2.15-1
> php-5.3.2-2
> phpgroupware-0.9.16.017
>
> On a fresh install / upgrade when you try to submit a new ticket you get the
> following:
>
> "Path to user and group files HAS TO BE OUTSIDE of the webservers
> document-root!!!"
>
> Once this issue is resolved existing tickets are not displayed,

How did you fix this one ?

> just a blank "dummy ticket" with no info other than the date and time the
> page was loaded.

Yeah, I have identified the bug. It's mainly due to the php 5.3 version
which is not supported by the 016 branch of phpgroupware. I've got a
kind of "hack fix" for this one, but it doesn't mean that some other
parts in the code will be working.

If you are interested by the patch, I can give it to you, without any
guarantee of other stuff working.

If you want to fix it yourself, you will have to change the db calls to
a cloned object of the main db ...
The work is so huge that's why we won't be supporting php 5.3 and later
in the 016 branch.
The support of this branch will probably cease with the end of life of
the debian lenny distribution (latest distro using php5.2).

We are trying to release a new phpgroupware supporting php > 5.3 and any
help is welcome. We still have some options for interested dev. Users
are welcome to give us any feedback from what they are waiting for a new
phpGroupWare system that will be licensed under a GPLV3 or later as per
requirement of the FSF.

Regards,

Caeies.