[phpGroupWare-users] mcrypt_generic problems on 0.9.16

From: Giorgio Pioda
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] mcrypt_generic problems on 0.9.16
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:53:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi again

here another issue since I'm testing heavily.

I've done a complete phpgroupware reinstall (clone) in the following manner:

-installing the .php stuff from cvs
-using a .sql backup for mysql side (generated with mysqldump)
-using a tar.gz of the files in /var/lib/phpgroupware

And some details more.

The productive environment I'm cloning is currently running phpgroupware
installed as debian sid package BEFORE the epoch introduction (I didn't upgrade
it).

Well everythings seems to be ok, but is not. In different applications I see
mcrypt related errors.

mcrypt_generic() is complaining either for an empty string passed to (for
example in the filemanager with error at line 171 of the
phpgwapi/inc/class.crypto.inc.php)

or if I select "No default" for the login active module (funtion) I get a long
list of "illegal hex digit X in .../class.crypto.inc.php" (X are different
digits, looks like a hidden passwd spelled) at line 118

NOW THE MAIN QUESTION; have something been changed from SID-version 0.9.16
pre-epoch:1 and current stable cvs version so that the two are not any more
compatible? Or php5-mcrypt has been changed?

A SIDE QUESTION ALSO ARISES; once the new release will be out, what about the
migration compatibility? Since I run the platform for 170 users in a productive
env. it is just not soooo obvious....

cheers

gfwpSent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org