[Phpgroupware-users] Installation problems (missing tables revisitd)

From: EasyJoe
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problems (missing tables revisitd)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.
Downloaded phpgroupware stable version 09.16.012 in zip format.
Unzipped the file and copied content to c:\xampp\htdocs\phphgroupware.
Updated the full content by running WinCvs and executing Modify->Update...
with standard options (but instructed to recurse folders).
Opened in browser http://localhost/phpgroupware and receive the page to
enter basic information.
First anomaly encountered: phpgroupware reports that i am running php 4
whereas i am running php version 5.2.5 (as reported by phpinfo).
Edited and created/saved the configuration file.
(i downloaded ....012, updated with cvs not expecting a downgrade).
Nevertheless accepted the option to upgrade to ...012.
Database is created containing 140 tables. Check of the configuration states
that no language is selected.
Third anamoly is that when I slect to update the databse with a new language
(being Dutch) the system fails with an error message that table phpgw_lang
is missing. This is reported in another thread already. However I didn't see
any hint or help that remedied my problems (all help suggests use of a Unix
environment!).
After spending three evenings trying to get a workung system I am pretty
close to be frustrated and giving up.
Is there any kind and knowledgeable soul over there that sympathizes with me
and offers a solution?
thanks in advance!
Ynze van der Ree