[phpGroupWare-users] "Files Directory must be outside of webservers docu

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] "Files Directory must be outside of webservers document root" - but it is!
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:37:04 +0200

Hi Folks,

I am setting up phpgroupware on MacOS X 10.4.11 with PHP5 and MySQL5 - so far no problem, everything works fine. Current phpgroupware with fixes from cvs, of course.

Only the files/groups directory seems to be a problem. My webserver's document root is /Library/Webserver/Documents (that is MacOS X Standard), and I have created and configured /CustomerFiles to be the files and groups directory (which is clearly outside of document root).

phpgroupware keeps erroring "Path to files and groups directories must be outside of webserver document root" - I do not find out why. I have tried configuring the phpgroupware URL relative (/phpgroupware) and absolute (http://server.domain.tld/phpgroupware), that did not make any difference.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk