[phpGroupWare-users] Re: user autorization problem

From: Wombat
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: user autorization problem
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 12:10:23 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and have worked around it in the following way.
I'm quite inexperienced with PHP, so wasn't sure how to do this properly.

The following code means that users who are not admins can only READ the
calendar. This is somewhat inflexible, but has the desired effect (for me).

I edited function check_perms (starts at around line 1381) in
calendar/inc/class.bocalendar.inc.php

I added the following lines immediately ABOVE the last line of the function,
which is "return $access" (about line 1427).

if (!$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['user']['apps']['admin'] && $needed !=
PHPGW_ACL_READ)
{
   $access = False;
}

As I said, I don't normally write in PHP and I don't have a good understanding
of the project, so use this at your own risk!Sent from the phpGroupWare forums
@ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org