[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Deleing E-Mails causes sync problem

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Deleing E-Mails causes sync problem
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:11:42 -0700 (MST)

azism wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 12:48
> Then if I click on other emails, they are not receiving the text associated
> with the header. I makes no difference if I delete it while reading the email
> or from the mailbox.
>
> The only way I can get them back into sync is to log off and back in.  This
> is more than just an incovenience.

seems this one didn't make it to the mailing list for some reason..

better late than never, sooo.... where you using IMAP or pop3?

Jackoneil
> i have also the same problem, if I delete an eMail, then logout and login,
> the mail appears again

Do yo have access to the logs on the mail server, or can you work with your
host on it?  Also do you have another mail client anywhere still logged in?

When you delete a mail, it doesn't just delete a pointer, it contacts the mail
server and tells it to delete the message.  I wouldn't be very surprised if the
pop3 server is erroring on delete and failing to say it or if the php-imap
library (which also handles pop3) is failing to detect the error.

the inconvenient truth here is that pop3 is not, has not ever been, and will
not ever be, a reliable backend for webmail unless the front end is written
specifically for the brand of pop3 server.  Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org