[phpGroupWare-users] Re: I am new at this and need a little help

From: Giorgio
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: I am new at this and need a little help
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:35:07 -0700 (MST)

Iroken22 wrote on Fri, 04 January 2008 12:46
> I get the following error when i go into the filemanager module application
> Error: Could not create directory /home/Iroken22
> (http://www.peoriatroop333.org/phpgroupware/files/home/Iroken22)
>
> I believe i have installed the directory outside the webroot. I do not know y
> i am receiving this error. If anyone can help me with this it would be
> appreciated.

Did you check the permissions in the /var/lib/phpgroupware so that the
"www-server" user can write to? Directories are created on the fly the first
time you "cd" into

for example you could run as root the following three commands:

chown -R yourwwwserveruser /var/lib/phpgroupware
chgrp -R yourwwwserveruser /var/lib/phpgroupware
chmod -R 755 /var/lib/phpgroupware

the "www-server user" is different depending on the distro; for example in
ubuntu and debian is www-data

cheers

gfwp (Giorgio)

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org