[phpGroupWare-users] IMAP Error

From: John
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] IMAP Error
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 03:40:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I just got started with phpGroupWare and most parts work fine. However, the
e-mail part is not yet fully functional. I have Cyrus installed and running,
however when I go to the mail part of phpGW, I get these errors:

Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream
{localhost:143/imap/notls}INBOX in
/var/www/html/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_imap.inc.php on line 214

detected that there has already been an attempting to recover that failed
exiting...

There was an error trying to connect to your mail server.
Please, check your username and password, or contact your admin.*

source: email class.mail_msg_base.inc.php

called from: mail_msg: loginerr_tryagain_buggy_cert(LINE 2301), called_from: ,
mail_msg: ensure_stream_and_folder(), called_from: get_folder_status_info LINE
1041

imap_last_error: [Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator]
tried RH bug recovery?: [1]

if there is no obvious error, check your username and password first.*

Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix (some of) these issues?

Thanks,
JohnSent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org