Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Adding Additional Countries In Holiday Manageme

From: Marcus Frischherz
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Adding Additional Countries In Holiday Management
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:31:27 +0200

Quoting Chris Weiss <address@hidden>:

Unfortunately, the Calendar Holiday Management section seems to only allow adding individual holidays. Is there another way to accomplish this, or do I have to load the additional holidays manually?

If someone has submitted a holiday for the country to us then those
holidays would show based on your prefs.  If you want holidays for
multiple countries you would likely need to create your own by adding
the date rules manually.  I do not happen to know if and where there
are docs for making a file to submit to us.

And, worse, there exists no possibility to have a rule based on Easter, but many holidays in Europe are based on easter:
- good friday
- easter monday
- corpus christi
- mary's assumption
- pentacost monday

so they have to be looked up in a calender (or you use Gauss' formula to calculate yourself) and be entered for each year individually.

kind regards,
Marcus

--
Marcus Frischherz