Re: [phpGroupWare-users] What Are Address Masters?

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] What Are Address Masters?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:17:52 -0500

On 8/30/07, D. C. Parris wrote:
> What are these users and what is their purpose?  Are these simply template
> users for the contacts application? Why would or wouldn't I setup a given
> user as an Address Master?

When you enable the contacts-account sync, the address master is the
"owner" of the contacts that represent the account.  It's like this
for legacy reasons, accounts and contacts used to be completely
separate in every way and contacts had to be "owned" by an account.

you need an address master if you want your phpgw accounts to be
accessible in the Address book.  The address master can manage the
data in the accounts (think Exchange admin or Active Directory admin
who can manage users metadata but the users can't).