Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Admin: Replacing Logo and Cacheing Info Array

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Admin: Replacing Logo and Cacheing Info Array
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:13:58 -0500

On 8/30/07, D. C. Parris wrote:
> I am writing a series of articles on using phpGroupware, and need to know 2
> things:
>
> (1) How do you change the site logo without going down into the default theme
> images folder?  Or is it possible?  The logo settings in Site Configuration
> only allow you to change the name of the file, not its location - at least in
> my installation.

due to the dynamic nature of the template system the new logo has to
fall into one of the template folders.  if you are making your own
custom template, the new logo can go in your template folder.  We have
the option to change the name and use standard templates because a
"cvs update" will ignore extra files that you've added and thus an
update won't be destructive to the logo change.

> (2) There is a setting to allow one to cache the phpgw info array.  What does
> that do and when should(n't) I use that option?

This adds all the config items that are stored in the database to be
cached in the session object. Enabling this can reduce the load on the
database server and in many cases will speed up a site.  You don't
want to enable it until your site is fully configured as change
detection is non-existent since the site config rarely changes in a
production system.