Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Missing tables in database
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:02:56 -0500

On 8/9/07, Mike  wrote:
> ok.
> the 0.9.15 was a typing error of mine. I corrected these mistake, but maybe
> after your posting.

I'm replying on the mailing list, which is sync'd with the forum.
edits do not get sent to the list.

> I download the "act" version 0.9.16.011 from this website via sorceforge.

I still don't see "act", but he 0.9.16.011 from sf.net should be fine.

> Step 1: Header Setup: works without problems, file written
> Step 2: Prog setup
>    Item 1: Installation: works fine
>    Item 2: Configuration: works fine, all datas correct
>    Item 3: choose language de, option 3: add phrases
>            no error message, but also no green symbol
>    Item 4: Installing/deinstalling modules: works fine, except
>            fud-forum: there appear a lot of db failures
> Step 3: Creating Admin-User and Demo-accounts
>         failed - db failures

what db failures.  phpgroupware.org download section has an install
howto, maybe a prerequisite or a mysql permissions issue?

> So I really don't know, what I can do. The software refferes to tables that
> are during setup-procedure not created.

One of our policies for a "dot" release of the stable version is that
there are no database changes allowed, except where security is
concerned and a table name change would not be a solution to a
security issue.  I don't think it's possible that after 11 dot
releases that the table would suddenly change names and no one notice.
 something else is at play here.