[phpGroupWare-users] how do I tell header.inc.php to use the right socke

From: Rich Cook
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] how do I tell header.inc.php to use the right socket location?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:02:45 -0700 (MST)

This is really a PHP question, but I hope it's appropriate for this list.
I found a problem in my header.inc.php.  If I db_host to "localhost", I get the
following error when I point my browser at phpgroupware/setup/index.php:

Your Database is not working!
Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are set.

And a separate test reveals I'm getting the following:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

However, if I use my network host name instead of localhost, then phpgroupware
does not complain and I can continue.  But I really want to use a local socket
for performance and security reasons.  How do I discover the correct socket
location in mySQL and enable the correct socket location in PHP?
Thanks for any helpSent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org