[phpGroupWare-users] Help!!? ERROR: "Your Database is not working!"

From: Rich Cook
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Help!!? ERROR: "Your Database is not working!"
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:56:44 -0700 (MST)

I am running phpGroupWare 0.9.16.011 on OS X, apache Server version:
Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin), with PHP 4 (default version on OS X) and mySQL 5.0,
freshly downloaded and installed from mysql.org.

When running the phpgroupware setup web interface, I get the message

Your Database is not working!
Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are set.

But mySQL is installed and seems to be working, and I have carefully followed
the installation and security HOWTO document.  Here is a screenshot showing the
relevant part of the output of a small web page on my server running the
command <?php phpinfo() ?>.

I have looked in vain at all my settings and they seem to be ok.  What is this
message telling me?  Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org