Re: [phpGroupWare-users] linux user database / sme server

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] linux user database / sme server
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:21:43 -0500

depends on how SME stores its users.  We support LDAP and validating
passwords via POP3 or IMAP.  this works by checking the server to see
if the account is valid, and if it is valid then it check to see if a
phpgw user matches, and if not then it creates one using some
defaults.

There is also an unsupported add-on that I wrote which supports
managing a unix passwd database via phpgw.  It can also be modified to
support just about anything.  You can download it here
http://flatline.free-source.com/files/phpgw-sysmailadmin-0.0.1.tar.gz
.